“A timeless tribute to the Maestro’s life and method preserved with accuracy and reverence. Beautifully danced.” ~ Marion Horosko, Education Editor, Dance Magazine
A Unique Video Presenting:
- A brief history of Maestro Enrico Cecchetti, famous dancer, mime and ballet master, showing his great influence on the 20th Century dance world.
- Professional dancers perform a variety of units from the Cecchetti Syllabi with artistic license and excerpts from the “Blue Bird” and non-syllabus adage and allegro enchaînements.
- Exercises from the Cecchetti Advanced and Diploma Syllabi danced by teachers learning the method. The ultimate goal is to create beauty of movement through a blend of technique, quality, musicality and artistry with respect to anatomy.
- How the Cecchetti Method of teaching is being preserved.
Artists Appearing in the Video:
Master Cecchetti Teacher:
- Diane van Schoor, F.I.S.T.D. – Maestro Enrico Cecchetti Diploma, danced professionally in the Capab Ballet Co. in Cape Town, and is an internationally recognized authority of the Cecchetti Method. She is seen in the video teaching ballet teachers and explaining some aspects of Cecchetti’s teaching.
- Caroline Cavello – Royal Danish Ballet Company
- Karen Gabay – Cleveland Ballet Company
- Raymond Rodriguez – Cleveland Ballet Company
55 minutes. Color.
4937 Moonglow, Troy, Michigan 48098, USA (810) 641-9063
Exclusive distribution and © Copyright 1996 by:Rose Marie Floyd and Eva Powers