ABOUT THIS SITE:
The CICB.org Website has been established to act as a link between Societies and teachers working with the Cecchetti method of classical ballet training around the world. The international organization, Cecchetti International Classical Ballet, is a legal non-profit entity. It was incorporated in Canada on July 2, 2004.
The Cecchetti International Classical Ballet Competition is held every three years in various countries around the world. July 21-27, 2024, the competition will be hosted by the Cecchetti Council of America in beautiful Holland, Michigan, USA.
July 23 – 29, 2023 at University of Maryland, College Park with GUEST MASTER TEACHERS: Jennet Zerbe, Former dancer with American Ballet Theatre; Maestro Enrico Cecchetti Final Diploma; Faculty UNCSA and Ross Alley, Lecturer, Royal Opera House; Former pianist and tutor at Royal Ballet School, London.
Enrico Cecchetti (pronounced ‘checkétty’) was the greatest dancer and pedagogue of his time, truly the Baryshnikov of his day. Cecchetti was born and died in Italy (1850-1928). The Cecchetti Method is one of the great dance training methods of today and it is taught around the globe.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT:
- Foster the development of the method
- Develop training for the future
- Keep alive the essence of the method’s historical tradition
- Raise the profile of the method world-wide
- Encourage the profession and the art of dance by interaction between members and the international dance profession
- Enhance the status of dance in the context of the arts and education
Cecchetti International – Classical Ballet is a legal non-profit entity, incorporated in Canada on July 2, 2004.
Seven corporate members have come together to promote the Cecchetti Method and comprise the Board of CICB:
- Cecchetti Ballet Australia Inc.
- Cecchetti Canada
- Cecchetti Council of America
- Cecchetti Society of Southern Africa
- Cecchetti Society Classical Ballet Faculty, ISTD
- Cecchetti USA
- Danzare Cecchetti – ANCEC Italia
If you are a member in good standing of one of the seven Societies listed above, you are considered a Represented Member of the CICB.
AFFILIATED MEMBERS AND FRIENDS OF CICB
Affiliated members are anyone holding a Cecchetti Teaching Qualification, but not belonging to a Corporate Member organization. Friends are all those interested in CICB, who by paying an annual membership fee receive the International Newsletter that comes out in November each year, and other information. Please email your country’s representative.